The One ID and Password (OIDPW) phase of the University of Illinois Identity and Access Management (IAM) Project (http://web.uillinois.edu/IAM) was successfully implemented at the UIC campus over the weekend of October 14-16, 2016.
What is different?
- From now on you will use the new University of Illinois Password Management system to manage your UIC password (see below).
- The UIC Password home page will redirect you to the new system.
- You will need to set up new password recovery options because any ACCC password recovery options you may have set up in the past will be retired.
- The new password recovery options will be needed if you forget your password. Otherwise, if you forget your password and have not already set up a password recovery option, you will need to go in person to a campus helpdesk for password reset assistance.
- You will use the new University of Illinois Password Management system to manage the password for both your UIC NetID and your Enterprise ID, which will be synced upon completion of your next password reset.
- The Enterprise ID will be referred to as NetID to minimize confusion and to reflect the single password.
What am I required to do now?
- No immediate action is required. However, we strongly encourage you to set up your new password recovery options as soon as possible even if you have not received noticed that your password will soon expire.
How do I establish my new password recovery options or change my password?
- Log in with your UIC NetID and password at: http://password.uic.edu.
- You will be redirected to the University of Illinois Password Management home page. If there are any issues with your UIC password (for example, if it is expired or locked) those will be addressed prior to redirection.
- You may be prompted to log in again when clicking on one of the buttons on the University of Illinois Password Management home page.
- If so, use your UIC NetID and password here as well. To set up your password recovery options, without doing a password reset, click on “MODIFY RECOVERY OPTIONS”.
- To change your password (which will prompt you to establish password recovery options first) click on “CHANGE PASSWORD”.
When will I be required to use the University of Illinois Password Management system for the first time?
- You will be required to use the new Password Management system for your next password reset, which may be prompted by:
- The password for your NetID or Enterprise ID is expiring (whichever expires first).
- Desire to sync the passwords for your NetID and Enterprise ID accounts in order to manage one password for both accounts.
- Recovery of a forgotten password.
- At your next password reset you will be prompted to establish your new password recovery options if you have not already done so.
How does this affect my University of Illinois Hospital Accounts?
If you have an account and password for the hospital active directory, please note that the hospital account and password will continue to be managed separately. However, passwords for all major University of Illinois systems, including Enterprise ID accounts, will be managed in the new University of Illinois Password Management System.
Where can I find more information about OIDPW?
An overview of the OIDPW Phase of the IAM Project was presented at the UIC IT Pro Forum on May 24, 2016. The presentation can be found online for additional information (https://2016.itproforum.uic.edu/session-materials). If you have any questions, please visit the IAM Website http://web.uillinois.edu/IAM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.