IT @ UIC > IT Structure
UI IT LT
(University of Illinois Information Technology Leadership Team)
The UI IT LT is comprised of the campus- and university administration-level CIOs at the university. The group is responsible for strategic direction for the University of Illinois, serves as a conduit for identifying areas where enterprise-wide policies and standards should be developed, and fosters the development of these standards. The UI IT LT also reviews, promotes, and sponsors, when applicable, information technology projects that have enterprise-wide impact. As an advisory and coordinating group, UI IT LT makes recommendations on procedures, policies, projects and the University’s strategic technology direction to the President’s Cabinet and Academic Affairs Planning Council.
Each major central IT group is led by an individual CIO and utilizes a faculty and customer-based IT governance process to identify and prioritize initiatives. Across the university, campus and university central IT organizations (ACCC, AITS, Technology Services, ITS) and governance groups collaborate to leverage diverse expertise and campus resources and work in concert to support the University’s mission.
Membership of UI IT LT:
- Andrea Ballinger, Vice President, Chief Information Officer (University of Illinois Alumni Association)
- Farokh Eslahi, Associate Provost, Chief Information Officer (University of Illinois – Springfield)
- Mark Henderson, Chief Information Officer, (University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign)
- Cynthia Herrera Lindstrom, Chief Information Officer, Executive Director of Academic Computing and Communications Center (University of Illinois – Chicago)
- Michael Hites, Senior Associate Vice President of Administrative IT Services , Chief Information Officer
- Michael Mcclintick, Chief Information Officer (University of Illinois Foundation)
- Audrius Polikaitis, Assistant Vice President of Health Information Technology, Chief Information Officer
(University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences)
- Ilir Zenku, Assistant Vice President of Information Technology (University of Illinois Health Affairs)